Your hairstyle plays a key role when it comes to your appearance. So, it's very important to keep the right hairstyle that suits your face shape and your personality. Hair extensions, braids, punk and emo hairstyles are quite popular among teens today. However, you need to consult your hairstylist first before you plunge into a big mistake. Here are a few tips on how to choose the right hairstyle for you.
Long Layered Hairstyle
Remember style icon, Jennifer Anniston from the popular television series ‘Friends'? Her stylishly maintained long layered hairstyle proved quite popular among teenage girls. This layered hairstyle looks good on people having a long facial structure. Apart from adding volume to the hair, the layered haircut also tends to accentuate the fine bone-structure of the face.
Among the most chic and popular of teen hairstyles, the shag has been the favorite of Hollywood actress Meg Ryan for quite some time now. The shag hairstyle generally looks good on females with short to medium length hair. This hairstyle adds volume and bounce to the hair. Quite easy to maintain, the shag is a very appropriate haircut for the very active people.
The spiky hairstyle became hugely popular among the teenagers after it was donned by Hollywood actress, Halle Berry. This hairstyle looks fabulous on girls who are thin and lean with an oval face. With all the hair cut very short and arranged into spikes with the use of gel, the hairstyle is easy to maintain. Add small studs to your ears to further glam up this spiky hairstyle.
Straight Silky Mane
Though very simple, this is one hairstyle that has always remained in fashion and will do so even in the time to come. Catherine Zeta Zones has kept a straight silky mane in varying lengths in many of her movies. One can roll the ends to add curls and waves for special occasions or tie it into a chignon. The straight hairstyle looks good on all facial structures when kept nicely maintained.
Hairstyles According to Your Face Shape:
1. Long Face Shape: Avoid middle parting and shoulder length hairstyle if you have a long face. A short hairstyle with side parting or spiking is more suitable for a long face shaped.
2. Square Face Shape: Shoulder length hairstyle with flicked ends looks great on a square face shape. Side fringes can be also attractive for square, oval or heart face shape.
3. Round Face Shape: Teens with a round face should not go for a long, straight hair. Short hairstyle that piles up your hair at your top head is probably the best hairstyle for a round face.You can also keep fringes and bangs to add more volume to your hair.
4. Short bobs work best on oval or a square face.
5. Teens with a curly hair can go for a curly bob.
6. Long, shaggy hair is what you may be looking for if you want a cool yet funky look. But again, don't forget to consider your facial features and personality.